Nov 7 - 9 Atlantic Canadian Trade Mission to Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum
Nov 7, 2018 - Nov 9, 2018NEW DATE for CREF!
The 10th anniversary of the Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum will be held at:
JW Marriott Marquis Miami, Florida
Nov 7 - 9, 2018In partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, The Maritimes Energy Association will be leading an Atlantic Canadian delegation to CREF again this year (pending funding approval).
The Top Five CREF 2017 Takeaways is a review of the dialogue between stakeholders and how the pipeline of projects is deepening - well worth a read to understand what happens at this key Caribbean energy conference and why it is a must attend for export business opportunity in the Caribbean!
We are seeking expressions of interest from companies and organizations in Atlantic Canada to attend a Trade Mission to the Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) in Miami, Florida from November 7-9, 2018. This mission will consist of conference attendance and a business to business matchmaking program.
The Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) was launched in 2009 to gather governments, utilities, multilaterals and investors to explore opportunities to ramp up investment in clean energy across the Caribbean. Since that time is has more than doubled in size and by 2018 CREF has become, very simply, the place where the Caribbean energy market meets.
Over the course of three days there are tremendous opportunities to meet key stakeholders currently working on projects and initiatives in the Caribbean. CREF provides a compelling mixture of world-class content and superlative opportunities to meet all the key participants in this rapidly emerging renewables market. Whether you are a renewable energy project developer, a service provider, a technology solutions provider, a researcher or a multilateral active in the Caribbean or looking to better understand regional policy and opportunities, CREF is a must-attend event.
The Atlantic Canada CREF Trade Mission program will include:
• Atlantic Canada Booth – We have reserved a booth space in the exhibit area to highlight the capabilities of Atlantic Canadian companies interested in this mission. Trade Mission participants can display some company information and spend time in the booth as one way of meeting with potential partners and clients.
• Pre-paid conference & exhibitor registration for one person/per company – One full conference pass will be provided per company for this mission. This will allow access to the exhibition, all CREF sessions (except the Utility Workshop) and admission to all networking events, including coffee breaks, lunches, and cocktail receptions. Any additional passes can be purchased through The Maritimes Energy Association.
• Matchmaker Service and Secretariat Room – The services of a business matchmaker will be provided to identify your goods and services with potential buyers, arrange b2b meetings as well as networking opportunities through company briefings and potential networking events. A room at the conference hotel will serve as the mission headquarters and host the b2b meetings.
• Company Profile in Booth Booklet – We will create a booklet to have at the booth with all attending companies, profiles, contact info, logos and general information on the industry in Atlantic Canada.
• Networking Opportunities – We are working to identify possible receptions & networking opportunities that the Atlantic Canada delegation can attend.
• Hotel Block Booking – Atlantic Canada Delegates will have access to a block of rooms secured at a group rate at the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami, Florida.
• Pre-Mission Briefing Sessions (both in Canada & Miami) – We will hold a pre-mission education webinar in Canada and an in-market briefing for all delegates before the conference begins in Miami, Florida.
For your convenience, we will reserve a block of rooms within the JW Marquis Marriott - the host hotel for the conference. Please be advised that there are a limited number of rooms available and these will go on a first come first served basis. Once you have registered and paid to be part of this delegation, additional information on how to reserve your room will be sent.
Mission Fee & other estimated costs:
Many of the costs of this mission are being covered through ACOA. There will be a participation fee for this trade mission and participants will be responsible for their own travel, accommodations, meals and personal incidentals. Companies will be screened by the organizing committee and must be in good standing with the federal and provincial governments to participate. Below is a breakdown of your estimated expenses:
Participation Fee $600CAD + HST (pending approval) includes one badge; additional badges are $950.00 USD.
**Payable to The Maritimes Energy Association
Flight Fee $1000CAD **estimate only, return ticket from Halifax / Miami, Florida
Hotel Fee $259USD
** food and incidentals are not included and will be paid by each participating company
For further information, or to record your interest please contact:
Member Relations Coordinator
The Maritimes Energy Association
+1 902 425 4285